Thursday, August 28, 2008

Signed up, and paid

So I guess it's going to happen.  I've actually started to mention it to people.  For a while it felt like a dirty little secret, don't tell anyone or they might laugh at me.  The responses have been interesting.  My mom talked about how glad she was, that she always felt that when I was younger I'd chosen to do quiet things (piano lessons) rather than the more physical or social things (my sisters were in figure skating and dance).  A friend mentioned what good exercise it must be: you do flexibility, cardio and strength all in one.

I still haven't mentioned it to any members of my church, though.  Something odd about the pastor as cheerleader, especially when I'm a woman under 40 and fairly new to my parish and still trying to reassure them that I know what I'm doing and can be taken seriously.  As far as the sport may have come, as a sport, I'm not sure it's yet overcome the bimbo stereotype!

No comments: