Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Signing up...

Through the summer, the cheer gym offers parent cheer classes on Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 9.  I haven't gone yet.  

First, I had assumed that one had to sign up for the whole summer (like the kids had to), and since I'm going to be away with the family on vacation for four weeks, plus my occasion Tuesday night work commitment, it just didn't seem like the right time.

Second, I didn't want to tell my husband where I'd be going.  I still think he'd laugh at me.

Third, I'm a chicken.  

But I called tonight and apparently I can go next Tuesday night to a "trial" class for $10.  (They do the same thing for kids who are just getting into the sport.)  It's perfect timing because my husband and daughter are away for the week getting some daddy-daughter time.

So I'm going to go.  GULP.  Talk about making it real.

Did a weight training class tonight, really pushed myself to see what weight I could lift, feels good but am I going to be sore in the morning!!!

No comments: