Friday, June 27, 2008

Not as good as I thought....

Did a step cardio class this morning for the first time in ages.  Boy, am I ever out of shape!  I'd been doing cardio training on eliptical machines and stationary bikes, but I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough, because this just about killed me.  At one point I was having to do the workout off the step, just doing the actions on the floor.  Yikes!

The reason I'm pushing myself so hard is that if they let me join the team at all, I figure that with missing a practice a month I'm going to need to be able to just jump in a participate at a pretty high level of ability the times 'm able to be there.  So, more classes are definitely called for!

After the step class, I took advantage of having the day off work and did a round of weight training and then a good 20 minutes of stretching; I know that flexibility is going to be important, too.  I got a new iPod last week, which made these a lot more fun, and I ended up feeling better about myself and my general fitness level than I had at the end of the class, so that's good, I guess....

No comments: