Friday, June 20, 2008

Getting started

They say that we're more likely to follow up on our commitments when we make them in writing, and if we tell others about them.  But I'm still afraid that people in my life will laugh at me for this one, so being anonymous will be a good thing, I think.

I want to be a cheerleader.

I thought I'd given this up twenty years ago when I was cut at cheer tryouts in high school.  It was just one of those things that I simply wasn't meant to do.

But now my daughter is 8, and cheering at a cheer gym that has a parent's team.  And now I have the chance to look at doing this again.

I've always loved the sport; the athleticism, the grace, the excitement, the teamwork.  

But I'm  20 pounds overweight, not very strong, and work at least once a month on the nights the team practices.

Still, I'm going to give it a shot.  

So today, I'm off to the gym (the regular one, not the cheer one) to begin trying to get into shape for this.

Here's a video of the team I'm hoping to join in action, 2007 nationals.

No comments: