Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back...

OK, so I went and worked out Friday, had a great workout.  Yesterday wasn't too bad, ate reasonably well, eschewed the muffins on offer at the morning meeting I attended.  Probably just having been at the cheer gym with my daughter yesterday morning helped.

Today I went to the zoo with my daughter, and although we did some walking, it wasn't as much as I'd anticipated when I bought each of us an ice cream bar about 30 minutes before the sky turned (almost literally) black and the heavens opened up.  Somehow, I don't think that the sprint to the car (where I'd left the umbrella) burned off all those calories.

Sigh.

I decided that something else I need to work at is my posture; I wear a G-cup bra, and I'm always hunching my shoulders over.  Not sure if that's a physical thing or a psychological thing (trying to hide what I'm carrying!), but either way, no cheerleader I've ever seen has anything but perfect posture (at least not when in uniform).  Might as well start working on it.  And hey, might help with my perpetually sore upper back in the process.....

No comments: